Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Hackable: D&D100





I'm looking at running a game for beginning players and as a thought exercise I wanted to explore Swords and Wizardry using percentile dice.


Ability score bonuses are per the Strength To-Hit column of Swords and Wizardry Complete, but they range from -10% to +10%, instead of -2 to +2.  Ability score bonuses are added to your Saving Throw Percentage when the DM requires.
E.G. Billy Ray Cordite is a 4th level Fighter and has a Save of 50%. He is trying to sneak past a sentry and he has a Dexterity of  13, which grants him a +5% for a total of 55%. He rolls a 62 and fails, the sentry hears his armor and spots him.

Armor works as in The Black Hack, except Armor points refresh at the end of a fight.

FIGHTER

Prime Attribute: Strength, 13+ (+5% experience bonus)
Hit Dice: 1d8/level (Gains 2 hp/level after 9th.)
Armor/Shield Permitted: Any
Race: Any

Experience Points Required: Per Swords and Wizardry Complete
Saving Throw: At 1st level is 35% and it increases by +5% per SnWC to a max of 85%
Attack Rating: At 1st level it is 50% and increases per pg. 38 (in percentage increments) of SnWC to a max of 95%.
Weapons: Fighters deal 1d6+2 with a weapon and 1d6+3 if they use both hands.

No comments:

Old Gods of Appalachia: Horned Head for Worlds Without Number

The Thing Whose Name Sounds Like Horned Head, But Is Not   for Worlds Without Number "Its coat was black as soot. Its hooves were we...