I've been spending the weekend going through my BRP/D100 RPGs: RuneQuest 3E & 6E, OpenQuest 2E, Basic Role Playing Gold Book, Stormbringer, Elric!, Magic World...the usual suspects. But I also pulled out my Warhammer Fantasy Role-play 2E book.
Of all of the d100 games I own, I like it the best, hands down.
But I'm going to be honest with you, as much as I adore it, for my tastes the base percentages combined with 1/2 your Attribute as default for not having a skill is pretty darn heavy in my opinion.
• Your base chance to succeed without a Basic Skill is equal to the relevant Attribute.
• Your bace change to succeed without an Advanced Skill is 0 or 1/2 your relevant Attribute if the GM allows it.
• Learning a Skill earns +20% to the relevant Attribute. You can gain a Mastery of that Skill earning +10% each time, up to 3 times.
• Beginning characters start with every Advance in their initial Career.
• Instead of using the beautiful Career system, you can simply purchase a new Skill, gain a level of Mastery in an existing Skill, or raise an Attribute by 5% for 100 XP.