Saturday, June 9, 2012
Duchy of St. Cutherbert: 20 Answers
More inspiration from Jeff's Gameblog.
1. What is the deal with my cleric's religion? Dominant religions in the Duchy are Pelor for the humans; Moradin for the dwarves; Aerdrie Faenyath for the high elves and Gadhelyn for the wood elves.
2. Where can we go to buy standard equipment? Newhom, Brighten or Black Hill.
3. Where can we go to get platemail custom fitted for this monster I just befriended? Newhom or visit Klud Ironshaper at Golen Hall.
4. Who is the mightiest wizard in the land? Mastermage Viola Puten, Head Mistress of the Hexenschule.
5. Who is the greatest warrior in the land? Captain Morgan Stroud, Head of the Duchess's royal Guard.
6. Who is the richest person in the land? Gruber Bant until his recent murder, now it's his twin sons, Kell and Klem Bant.
7. Where can we go to get some magical healing? Sonnecrown Abbey or the Seminary at Golen Hall.
8. Where can we go to get cures for the following conditions: poison, disease, curse, level drain, lycanthropy, polymorph, alignment change, death, undeath? Sonnecrown Abbey.
9. Is there a magic guild my MU belongs to or that I can join in order to get more spells? If your an Alumni of the Hexenschule you are automatically a member of the Harkness. Non-alumni can be join the Harkness by paying an annual fee.
10. Where can I find an alchemist, sage or other expert NPC? Newhom, the Hexenschule, the Orchard, or the Seminary.
11. Where can I hire mercenaries? Newhom, Brighten, or Black Hill.
12. Is there any place on the map where swords are illegal, magic is outlawed or any other notable hassles from Johnny Law? Magic is outlawed on the Volstang family farm. Swords and magic are illegal in the Orchard.
13. Which way to the nearest tavern? Newhom, Brighten, Black Hill or the Seminary.
14. What monsters are terrorizing the countryside sufficiently that if I kill them I will become famous? Drakes, wraith widows, crowbears.
15. Are there any wars brewing I could go fight? The Kingdom of Aurik is fighting off invasion from the Tsen-goi Hordes to the southeast.
16. How about gladiatorial arenas complete with hard-won glory and fabulous cash prizes? Black Hill.
17. Are there any secret societies with sinister agendas I could join and/or fight? The Corrupted, Brotherhood of Bones and Teeth, the Harkness, and the Elders.
18. What is there to eat around here? Mrs. Trissy McCaul cooks a fine meal for her field help;, the Orchard's menu is legendary for culinary and carnal treats; Plum's in Brighten; Caul's and Crow's in Black Hill; the Silver Stag, Winnie's, and Kurgan's in Newhom.
19. Any legendary lost treasures I could be looking for? The Idol of Perrin, Moonsilver's Heart, the Black Trove of the Scholomanse, the Seahawk, a ship that sank below Baelia Lake 80 years ago.
20. Where is the nearest dragon or other monster with Type H treasure? The green dragon, Stranglevine in the Wraithwood. The sea dragon, Baely, on Baelia Lake.