So tonight I began the process of running a game in the 9th World. I found a pretty sweet character generator I simply can't recommend enough.
I'm still thinking about how the system works. I kept most Difficulties hovering between 2(6), 3(9), & 4(12). I think that worked fairly well.
One of the things I found hard to explain (and this could be my own problem with communication) was setting a Difficulty for a player and then applying Training and Effort.
What ended up working best was factoring Training into the Difficulty and then simply add a +3 to the roll if they spent Effort. My players were singing along once we worked out that awkwardness.
No real combat yet, but I can see it being fairly quick.
I'll try to post more tomorrow, I'm tying this adventure into the Devil's Spine and hopefully will have a pretty good road map.