Tonight I used a variation of my Optional Initiative System.
After feedback, I attached it to classes.
• A character's Dexterity Modifier is NOT applied to initiative rolls.
• Lowest roll goes first and you count up, you roll initiative each round.
• Fighters and Rogues rolls a d6.
• Barbarians, Monks, Paladins, Rangers rolls a d8.
• Every other class rolls a d10.
• If you took the move action last round roll an additional d6.
• If you took a bonus action last round roll an additional d4.
After using it, I found tracking move and bonus actions clunky. I'm not sure if I liked it better than traditional initiative, but I will try it again.